The Order Monitor is a software application that you install on a computer somewhere on your local network. It runs on a Windows PC/Laptop and it "checks in" with our servers periodically to receive new orders and send them directly to your printer for automatic printout.
You will need a Windows OS of XP, Vista, 7 or higher; a broadband Internet connection; and a printer. (Notice: Our software does work with Windows 10, but we cannot guarantee it will work with the Windows 10 Iot Core or Enterprise systems that are often used by POS companies. *Additional info at the bottom of this article)
Most inkjet, laser, or thermal/receipt printers work. When using a receipt printer, we do suggest sticking with one of the major brand names such as Star Micronics (examples include: TSP100III series such as TSP143III, other TSP models or mC-Print models) and Epson (examples: TM-T88VI, T20III, TM U220). These are known brands and models that work.
To access the software and enable the Order Monitor, follow the instructions below:
Login to your account.
Click Restaurant Manager in the top black bar.
Under Restaurant Settings, click Restaurant Locations.
Click on the blue bar labeled Edit/View Additional Details for this Location for the location you wish to set up order notifications for.
Click the Orders & Notifications tab.
6. Check the box next to "I want to have the order auto-print using the order monitor software:"
7. Scroll down to the bottom and click the Save This Information button.
8. After you have enabled the Order Monitor and clicked the Save button; return to the box under "I want to have the order auto-print using the order monitor software" and Click the blue Printer Software Instructions and Download text.
9. Click on the DOWNLOAD ORDER MONITOR SOFTWARE link in the yellow box. Version 4.0.1 is our most updated version and has been fully tested.
Note: If you have an older computer that is running an operating system below Win 7, you may want to go with the previous version in the grey box. This is also true if the printer is an older version.
If needed you can *DOWNLOAD THE V4 ORDER MONITOR SOFTWARE* now.
Here is the link to download the previous version 188.8.131.52, if needed. Usually needed for Windows XP, Vista and sometimes Win 7. It may also depend on the brand/model of your printer.
10. Install the "om_401_latest" file.
11. The Order Monitor Setup Wizard will guide you through the installation process.
12. Launch and login to the Order Monitor. In most cases you will use your eHungry account username and password.
13. Check the box next to your desired location and click Save Changes.
14. Under Edit, click on Preferences.
15. Here you can select your desired printer from the drop down. You can also alter other setup options.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THERMAL RECEIPT PRINTERS:
*If you plan to print to a Thermal/Receipt Printer, be sure to UNCHECK the "Print HTML" box. Be sure to click Save when you are done!
16. You will need to leave your computer on and actively connected to the internet. The Order Monitor software will need to be OPEN and active on your computer to receive orders and auto-print to the printer.
NOTE: It is suggested that you completely close and log out of the Order Monitor, then open and re-login, at least once a day to keep the connection to our servers active. This can be at closing each night or at the start of your day.
Need help? Don't hesitate to reach out!
*Notice about Windows 10 Iot Core or Enterprise: The majority of POS systems are run by Windows 10 Iot because this allows the system to have specialized features to create dedicated devices locked down to a specific set of applications, as described by Microsoft. There are known features of our Order Monitor software that do not work with most POS systems. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. The windows notification sound, popup and/or taskbar notification
2. The feature that will start the Order Monitor upon windows startup. (The Win 10 Iot does not normally offer the normal Window's startup features needed to trigger our software)