The Order Monitor is a software application that you install on a computer somewhere on your local network. It runs on a Windows PC/Laptop and it "checks in" with our servers periodically to receive new orders and send them directly to your printer for automatic printout.
You will need a Windows OS of XP, Vista, 7 or higher; a broadband Internet connection; and a printer. Most inkjet, laser, or thermal/receipt printers work.
To access the software and enable the Order Monitor, follow the instructions below:
- Login to your account.
- Click Restaurant Manager in the top black bar.
- Under Restaurant Settings, click Restaurant Locations.
- Click on the blue bar labeled Edit/View Additional Details for this Location for the location you wish to set up order notifications for.
- Click the Orders & Notifications tab.
6. Check the box next to "I want to have the order auto-print using the order monitor software:"
7. Scroll down to the bottom and click the Save This Information button.
8. After you have enabled the Order Monitor and clicked the Save button; return to the box under "I want to have the order auto-print using the order monitor software" and Click the blue Printer Software Instructions and Download text.
9. Click on the DOWNLOAD ORDER MONITOR SOFTWARE link in the yellow box. Version 4.0.1 is our most updated version and has been fully tested. Note: If you have an older computer you may want to go with the previous version in the grey box.
If needed you can *DOWNLOAD THE ORDER MONITOR SOFTWARE* now.
10. Install the "om_401_latest" file.
11. The Order Monitor Setup Wizard will guide you through the installation process.
12. Launch and login to the Order Monitor. In most cases you will use your eHungry account username and password.
13. Check the box next to your desired location and click Save Changes.
14. Under Edit, click on Preferences.
15. Here you can select your desired printer from the drop down. You can also alter other setup options. *If you plan to print to a Thermal/Receipt Printer, be sure to UNCHECK the "Print HTML" box. Be sure to click Save when you are done!
16. You will need to leave your computer on and actively connected to the internet. The Order Monitor software will need to be OPEN and active on your computer to receive orders and auto-print to the printer.
NOTE: It is suggested that you completely close and logout of the Order Monitor, then open and re-login, at least once a day to keep the connection to our servers active. This can be at closing each night or at the start of your day.