How Do Discounts and Coupons Work?
Discounts and coupons work on eHungry much like they do in your store. You can do a variety of discounts either percentage or dollars off for either specific items or the entire order. You can make restrictions on the coupons for either money spent or the number of times it can be used per purchase. Because of the flexibility, we offer in creating coupons there are many options that must be looked at for your coupon.
How to Create Coupons?
Log into your Online Manager.
Click on the Restaurant Manager tab.
Click on the Coupons and Discounts link.
4. Select a Coupon Type.
5. Create a Brief Descriptive Name for the discount such as "$5 Dollars off an Order of $30 or More".
6. The Coupon Code is required can be used to search for the coupon by the customer. This can be used with your print menu to make the coupons easy to find. Note: It is good to use something short here so it is easy for customers to type in!
Please make sure to create a code with no spaces or special characters; letters & numbers are best.
7. You can enter a date the coupon or discount Expires on, or select No Expiration if you want it to last until you remove it.
8. Enter the Amount of Discount and you can choose either a percentage discount or a dollars off discount from the Choose Discount Type drop down. Note: To offer a free item just select percentage off and 100%.
9. If you only want the coupon to apply to a certain type of order, for example if the coupon is only for Pickup, you can deselect the other options.
10. If you would like to apply the coupon to before tax subtotal, select the desired box.
11. From here you can choose some optional Coupon Restrictions, as shown in the image below. These include:
(A) Restricting the coupon to customers who have spent a certain (total) number of dollars, on previous combined orders.
(B) Customers who have placed a minimum number of prior orders to date.
(C) Customers whose current order has a pre-coupon subtotal greater than or equal to a certain amount.
(D) Customers who have previously ordered within a certain number of days.
(E) You can restrict the days and times the coupon is valid by clicking the box provided.
12. Coupon Behavior Selections:
Behavior #1: Apply the discount to the entire order (default)
*This will be used if you want to have a percent (%) off or dollar ($) off coupon that applies to all the items on you menu, no exclusions.
(You will not be able to select specific items to discount with this behavior)
Behavior #1 Example coupons:
"Receive 20% off your entire online order" or "Get $2 off an order of $10 or more"
Behavior #2: Apply the discount to the first of each item selected below, that is in the customer's cart. (You will select the items you would like to allow to be discounted under the section called "Only Apply discount to these items")
Behavior#2 Example coupon:
Receive $2 off an Eggroll and a Soda with any $15 Order" Note: Select the Eggroll item and Soda item in the area below and in the "customer is also purchasing" area below. The discount will be applied to the first Eggroll and Soda in the cart, the discount will not apply to a 2nd eggroll or 2nd soda. Please also select "Limit total discount to Amount of Discount" in the area below.
Behavior #3: Apply the discount only once, to the first of any item selected below under "Only apply discount to these items"
Behavior#3 Example coupon:
"Get $2 off an Appetizer with the purchase of an Entree". This coupon will allow the customer to receive $2 off of one single Appetizer with the purchase of an Entree selected below in "the customer is also purchasing" area. They will not be able to receive multiple discounts using this behavior
Behavior #4: Apply the discount to as many instances of those items as exist in the customer's cart, or as many as the required item (see selections below) as has been purchased, whichever is less (BOGO Coupons)
Behavior#4 Example coupon:
"Buy One Entree at Regular Price and get a 2nd Entree of Equal or Lesser Value at 50% off" This coupon will allow multiple BOGO discounts based on the purchase of 2 specific items. This will only work for a 2 item BOGO coupon.
You can create a Buy One, Get One Free or at a Discount. For example, this can be useful to add a dessert or drink at a discount when the customer purchases an entree.
13. Only apply discount to these items section
(Note: If you have selected items in this area and none of those are in the customer's cart, no discount will be applied. If any of the items selected in this area are part of an order, the discount will be applied following the behavior selected above.)
14. Limit total discount to Amount of Discount specified above. ("above" as in the coupon discount that you selected in #8)
You will need to select this if you are creating a dollar off coupon that applies to an entire order or a single item.
15. Only apply to orders in which the customer is also purchasing section
15. You can also select which kinds of customers are shown the coupon.
Only people ordering from a specific location.
You can make it public which will show the coupon to anyone who meets your above specifications, either in a "My Coupons" tab, or as a "Coupons" box.
You can set it to only allow new customers, who sign up with a referral code, to access or redeem this coupon.
You can permit this coupon to be used only once per customer. (Note: You may optionally reset this restriction every time a customer spends a specified amount.)
You can restrict the coupon to only be usable by customers who have never placed an order before.
16. You can set your coupon to automatically apply to eligible orders upon checkout.
17. You can restrict your coupon to customers who purchase with a specific payment type.
18. You can set the coupon to be single use which means it could only be used once by one person. This can be useful to give a customer a one time discount personal to them.
19. Congratulations! You did it! Double check that your coupon is how you want it and click the green Save This Information button.