A BOGO coupon lets customers get an item of equal or lesser value for a specified discount. For instance if a customer orders a sandwich you could offer 50% off a second sandwich.
How to Create Coupons?
- Log into your Online Manager.
- Click on the Restaurant Manager tab.
- Click on the Coupons and Discounts link.
4. Select Standard as the Coupon Type.
5. Create a Brief Descriptive Name for the discount such as "Buy a Sandwich, get a second 50% off".
6. A Coupon Code can be used to search for the coupon by the customer. This can be used with your print menu to make the coupons easy to find. Note: It is good to use something short here so it is easy for customers to type in!
7. You can enter a date the coupon or discount Expires on, or select No Expiration if you want it to last until you remove it.
8. Enter the Amount of Discount and you can choose either a percentage discount or a dollars off discount from the Choose Discount Type drop down. Note: To offer a free item just select percentage off and 100%.
9. If you only want the coupon to apply to a certain type of order, for example if the coupon is only for Pickup, you can deselect the other options.
10. If you would like to apply the coupon to before tax subtotal, select the desired box.
11. From here you can choose some optional Coupon Restrictions. These include:
- Restricting the coupon to customers who have spent a certain number of dollars.
- Customers who have placed a minimum number of prior orders.
- Customers who's current order has a pre-coupon subtotal greater than or equal to a certain amount.
- Customers who have previously ordered within a certain number of days.
- You can restrict the days and times the coupon is valid by clicking the box provided.
12. Next you can select which item or items the coupon is good for.
13. Select "Apply the discount to as many instances of those products as exist in the customer's cart, or as many as the required product (see selections below) as has been purchased, whichever is less"
14. Next select the same items you selected above.
15. You can also select which kinds of customers are showed the coupon.
- Only people ordering from a specific location.
- You can make it public which will show the coupon to anyone who meets your above specifications, either in a "My Coupons" tab, or as a "Coupons" box.
- You can set it to only allow new customers, who sign up with a referral code, to access or redeem this coupon.
- You can permit this coupon to be used only once per customer. (Note: You may optionally reset this restriction every time a customer spends a specified amount.)
- You can restrict the coupon to only be usable by customers who have never placed an order before.
16. Click "Save this Information"
Congratulations! You did it! Double check that your coupon is how you want it and click the green Save This Information button.