The PDF Password is an extra layer of security to help you keep your customer credit card information private and secure while still allowing you to access it if you are manually processing credit cards.
For more information see:
When & Where Do I need to use my PDF Password?
- You will need a PDF password to open the PDF customer order sheet that is attached to email notifications *Additional Note: Regardless of how you process credit card orders, you will ALWAYS need a PDF Password to open the Email Order Notification PDF attachment of the order.
- You will need it to view the Full credit card information via the Orders App or Tablet Interface for viewing orders
- You will need it to view the Full credit card information for an order you view from a Text link.
How to setup your PDF Password
(also known as Credit Card Password)
*If you are already logged into your eHungry account, you can Click Here to setup your PDF Password directly.
- Login to your account.
- Click Restaurant Manager in the top black bar.
- Under Restaurant Settings, click Restaurant Locations.
4. Where it says Currently Receives Orders by:, click the blue change this.
5. Scroll down to where you have the box checked for Email Notifications, then you will see a blue box with info. Click the Change the PDF Password here link.
6. Create a password that meets the following the criteria: Passwords must be at least 8 characters in length, and contain at least one number, and begin AND end with a letter. When you are done, click Save This Information.
7. Make sure that you receive a small green box near the top of the page that notifies you that Your changes have been saved.
Once set up the PDF Password opens the following:
- The PDF attached to emailed orders.
- The Full Credit Card info through our dedicated iPad/Tablet interface or through the eHungry Orders App.
- The link within Text Notifications to open the full order with full credit card info.